Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Noche de Brujas (aka Halloween)

Buenos Dias!

Another great week in Benton City. Fun Spanish word today: Noche de Brujas. Spanish for Halloween (literal translation though: Night of Witches).  Speaking of Halloween... ours was rather uneventful. Because Benton City gets so crazy on Halloween, we had a curfew of 6 PM, and then the best part was weekly planning!!! (that was a joke). So my companion and I just sat inside all night after planning and watched “Mountain of the Lord” and “Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration” - some church DVDs we had in the apartment. That and I ate way too much candy. No regrets though.

Another cool thing I learned about Benton City recently is in the church library/materials center, they have the entire Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price in Braille. It takes up at least 6 big 3-inch binders but it was really cool. Props to people that can read Braille. That stuff is insane. 

So a cool experience this week: Wednesday night we had exchanges which is when two priest age young men (ages 16 – 17) or elder-age men (18 & up) from the ward come out with my companion and I and we go and split up to get twice the work done. So my temporary companion and I went and visited a Spanish recent convert to teach her a lesson (not like an actual lesson) but my temporary comp didn't really speak Spanish so it was all on me... and somehow I survived. I spoke fine and understood 95% of what she was saying. It was amazing seeing the gifts of the Spirit in action. I just wish it could be like that 24/7. Soon enough.

That's all for today folks. Have a great day and I'll be back next week!

Elder Kupferer

No comments:

Post a Comment