Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving!!

Well I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving this past week. I know I did. Lots of good food and awesome members. At the Church we had a potluck and there was just so much good stuff I didn't know where to start. I've decided the one thing I don't like about Thanksgiving is having too much food I want to eat.

And to top it all off, we got snow the day after! And by snow I mean there was a light covering on the trees and plants but still. It was really cool. Everything was white and awesome. And then it melted the next day. Not too much of a surprise. And then for some reason, two days later, it gets up to 60 degrees again. It was crazy. Washington can't decide if it’s fall or winter yet.

This week we had a lesson with one of our investigators that went super well. She has been taught almost everything and is mostly waiting to resolve things with her family right now but the members we were having the lesson with had their daughter and son-in-law there. For most of the time the son-in-law hadn't been saying much but then after the main part of the lesson and we were just visiting all of a sudden he spoke up and bore a super powerful testimony of his conversion. It was most definitely unexpected but still incredibly powerful and moving. Definitely one of the highlights of the week.

And now, since the truck with the sayings has been blank the past two weeks, here is a quote from a bumper sticker I saw: "Go to Church, because Walmart isn't the only saving place."

And with that, I wish you all a happy holiday season and I'll see you next week!

Elder Kupferer

No comments:

Post a Comment