Monday, January 13, 2014

Another Week

And another week goes by. It’s crazy how fast the weeks go by. The days can be long but the weeks are short. I can't believe it’s almost half way through January. It feels like Christmas was yesterday. 

But it’s still winter though. We got a grand total of 1 inch of snow the other night, and I can now say I have officially driven in snow. Oh the things that Southern California kids find entertaining. 

Also entertaining: there is such a thing as Dr. Pepper Licorice now. Just thought I should make that known. It was actually kind of good... I am not sure what to think of it at the moment. I can't decide if I like it or not. It’s surprisingly true to taste. You should all go try some. 

So this week I kind of had an anti-spiritual experience. We had always been told that our study time in the morning makes or breaks our mission. I had never really thought too much of it until this past week. I had always studied and used the time relatively well, but one day I was tired, didn't feel like reading anything in Spanish, my comp had questions, the list goes on. Long story short, it wasn't the most productive study time I've ever had. Then we go out and I didn't think too much of it. But then we got to our first lesson and nothing good really happened. Yes, the lesson went alright and we have a new investigator but the Spirit wasn't there and it by no means was a terribly moving or spiritual lesson. Needless to say I did some serious repenting that night and have since redoubled my efforts in studying effectively. 

Slightly related to studying: if you think Isaiah is bad in English, try Spanish. It’s miserable. And impossible to read. It's like reading "Jesus the Christ" in another language. You need a dictionary to have half an idea of what’s happening. 

So that’s about everything new this week. Hope everyone has had a great start to 2014! 

And as (almost) always, a qoute:

"Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf (source: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/come-join-with-us?lang=eng )

Que les vaya muy bien!

Elder Kupferer

No comments:

Post a Comment