Monday, June 2, 2014

All Good Things Come to an End

Well, this week we have transfers. After 3 and a half months, my comp and I are finally splitting up. Luckily, I get to stay here in Chelan another 6 weeks but my companion is off to Oregon to keep tearing it up. I'll be getting a missionary that has only been out about 3 months so it will be fun to help him get used to missionary life. Where better to get acclimated to missionary work than on a 50 mile long lake with parties every weekend....

That was something our leaders this week capitalized on. Of the 7 days in a week, I spent 4 1/2 of those days away on exchanges. Both our district leader and our zone leader (who is on his way back home right now after having served his full two years) exchanged with us this week. But it was fun. I enjoyed them. It is great being able to serve with other missionaries and see how they do things. 

On one such exchange, we went to dinner with the other Elder's Ward Mission Leader (he is a member of the ward that more or less acts as a liaison between missionaries and members of the ward) to this little Mexican restaurant that sold Lengua as one of their meat choices. For those of you that don't know, Lengua is cow tongue. Well, his 4 year old son didn't know it either so the member asked his son to try the meat without explaining what it was. He tries a bite and absolutely loves it. I think at one point he even said he wanted to come back so he could have more of it. The dad didn't have the heart to break it to his son what exactly he was eating. I just wish I could be there when the kid finds out. 

That's about it for this week. Next week should be good. I am excited. Lots of good things happening up here in Washington. This week for a quote, I steal it from a sign outside of a church in Cashmere (one of the cities I was on an exchange in).

"Firefighters rescue you, but only Jesus Christ can save you."

While I greatly appreciate firefighters and would want no one else other than them coming to me when my house is on fire, Jesus Christ has a spot that's pretty impossible to fill. As it says in the Book of Mormon, "there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God" (2 Nephi 31:21).  Jesus Christ is the only way back to God, and it’s a great privilege to be out preaching that for two years. The giant lake is just a nice bonus. 

And with that, I'm off. Stay classy America.

Elder Kupferer

No comments:

Post a Comment